Life is your gift to me,
Through Baptism you invite me to share the gift of my life in service to others. Be with me as I choose each day to show Your presence in our world.
Give me the courage and generosity to respond to Your love, to Your call. I pray especially for those who serve you as Priests, Brothers, Sisters, Deacons and Lay Ministers.
Open the minds and hearts of many other men and women that they may accept Your challenge to build the Kingdom.
Loving God, you have made me in Your image and likeness, and for this I shall praise You forever. Through baptism Your invite me to serve as Your son Jesus served.
I offer You this day all that I have and all that I am in union with His saving cross.
Father, in the power of the Spirit, You send us forth to build up Your kingdom. I pray especially for those whom You are calling to serve the church as priests, deacons, sisters and brothers. Help them to hear and answer Your call to discipleship.
The harvest is plenty, but laborers are few.
Please provide for us men and women who will help to gather in a great harvest of souls. I make this prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Holy Catholic Church takes vocations to the diaconate, priesthood and religious life very seriously. We believe this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Your decision requires prayer, discernment and consultation with others. The Holy Catholic Church requires theological and vocational training for active ministry. It would be wise to do some research on Independent Catholicism and its various jurisdictions (including ours) to ensure that you are in agreement with the principles and precepts of the jurisdiction.
Vocation' - /vo·ca·tion/ [voh-key-shuhn] noun
• A specified occupation, profession, or trade.
• A special urge, inclination, or predisposition
to calling or a particular calling or career,
especially a religious one.
General Vocations / Holy Orders Information
Glory To God Holy Catholic Church
Diocese of Saint Michael The Archangel
Office of Vocations
P. O. Box 14011
Ogden, Utah 84412
* Our clergy are ordained within apostolic succession.
* We celebrate the seven sacraments of the Catholic tradition.
* We ordain men and women 21 years of age or older that discerns a true vocation.
* We accept men and women who wish to enter into religious vows.
* We do not discriminate based on marital status or sexual orientation.
* Our clergy and religious live on their own or in small groups.
* Being turned down or discouraged by other denominations does not
automatically exclude you from ministry within the HCC. Remember:
"The stone which the builder rejected will be our cornerstone.”
* You should be actively involved volunteering or in a ministry to those in need.
Some people by nature of their job or occupation meet this requirement.
* Ordinations usually take between 1 and 3 years based on the training and
experience of the candidate and the amount of time you have to devote to the
* Clergy are not paid by nor are funded by the national Church.
* Training continues after ordination.
1. Speak to the appropriate bishop or his designee. Basic questions can be answered during an initial phone conversation. Ask for a phone number via e mail.
2. If, after the conversation, you are interested in pursuing ordination with us, a vocations application will be forwarded, or you can request one via email after you have had time to reflect on our conversation. You must provide an e-mail, postal address and a contact phone number.
3. We will contact you only once to make sure you received the application. We will respect your need for discernment. Please consider the discernment suggestions listed below. If you wish to begin a dialogue or have any questions, we would be happy to communicate with you on a more regular basis.
4. Spend time completing the requirements in the application. Don’t rush. Completing the application can be a helpful element in your discernment process.
5. Send in the completed application, along with other required materials. You must include your Social Security number and a non-refundable money order for $100.00 to conduct a criminal background check. If you need financial help let your bishop know. Past difficulties and issues of concern do not automatically exclude someone, unless the issue(s) constitute an impediment to ordination. This is decided by a bishop.
6. Your application information will remain strictly confidential. The application is shared only with members of the vocations team.
7. An application typically takes 4 - 6 weeks to process.
8. If you are accepted as a seminarian, a course of study and training will be created that is based on your previous education and experience and may require some cost to you.
Things to consider during your application journey:
Here are four simple steps to help you find direction:
1. Pray for direction, spend time in a quiet place, listen to whether the Holy Spirit is calling you and to what ministry.
2. Talk with others, consider your gifts, seek direction from your pastor or priest, a parent, or a spiritual director.
3. Listen to your feelings -- do you know where you find discomfort, or what brings you discouragement? Where do you find satisfaction? What brings you peace and joy?
4. Above all, trust in who you are and know that God loves you and wants the best for you. If you feel God may be calling you to ministry. Pray about it, then do something about it!
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:9-11)
We pray that the Lord will guide you in your discernment.
375 Harrison Blvd Ogden, UT 84404 Church~801-394-0204 Mobile~801-690-1054
Glory To God Holy Catholic Church